What is a good way of advertising your server / getting players?

Discussion in 'Offtopic / Chat' started by 3lade, May 30, 2014.

1. 3lade

3lade Member

Hi! I've started my server and I was wondering if you guys know any sites or tips on how to get more players on your server. :)

2. crypticminecraft

Posting your server on sites such as http://www.planetminecraft.com and other server listing sites..just minecraft servers and a list of server sites should show up. just post your server on them.

3. DtigerCSK

DtigerCSK Active Member

Planetminecraft tends to bring unwanted players such as those asking for staff or OP since they "work for PMC." MinecraftForum sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. You might also want to advertise on /r/mcservers. The way to get most players would be paying for advertising, you can advertise on reddit for around $30/day which is pretty good considering you can be on top of everything, compared to the several hundreds of dollars it takes to be on the top of certain Minecraft server listing sites. Also, a big chunk of keeping players online is to be unique, have a unique gamemode and/or server type. Creating another PVP/factions/raiding server isn't exactly the best idea as there are thousands of other servers exactly like that.

Skizzy, Chris8130 and 3lade like this.
  4. 3lade

3lade Member

I'm not paying for advertising, that's a bit too expensive. Migh try reddit and MCForum. And I know that being unique is the key to keeping players online, and this server is unique by being 100% survival. There is apsolutely no "Free building or creative". No drop parties or hunger games / multiworld minigames. I tried searching for a server like this, and after visiting almost 100 servers I still didn't find the right one. This is my goal here. Provide the player a 100%pure survival pvp experience. Even the donator ranks are carefully thoght out and are really balanced.

5. mop889

mop889 New Member

6. kokore

kokore New Member