Two-Factor Authentication / Two-Step Verification

Discussion in 'Ideas & Suggestions' started by CompMC, Jan 6, 2017.

1. CompMC

CompMC New Member

In my opinion, HostHorde should set up two-factor authentication or two-step verification for users in the client area AND for users on the console page ( mc.hosthorde.com ) as an optional extra layer of protection. This would make HostHorde more secure and could possibly attract more users, as HostHorde would be taking additional steps to enhance security.

I recommend being able to use the Google Authenticator App, as well as other apps that support this feature. Users should also be able to receive codes through text and phone and must get backup security codes in case they can not use any other verification options. The code should either work as a normal code you would get from an app or via SMS (just a lot longer) or disable two-factor authentication/two-step verification.

I would love to see this feature implemented!

Thanks,
    CompMC

2. Ninjoh

Ninjoh New Member

mc.hosthorde.com doesn't even use HTTPS.. They should probably fix that first.