How to obtain the latest Craftbukkit and Spigot JAR files

Instructions on how to manually download and compile the latest Craftbukkit and Spigot JAR files

1. Daniel

Daniel Active Member
    Staff Member

Daniel submitted a new resource:

How to obtain the Craftbukkit 1.8 and Spigot 1.8 JAR files - Instructions on how to manually download and compile the Craftbukkit 1.8 and Spigot 1.8 JAR files

Read more about this resource...

2. MRGanboo

MRGanboo New Member

Can You Guys Make Another one for 1.7.10 becaus i need build 1649 to make mmy server 1.7 and 1.8

3. Avery Grubbs

Avery Grubbs New Member

YES! its not dead :3

4. The_UndeadGaming

The_UndeadGaming New Member

I'm not sure why but I still have not received the Craftbukkit 1.8 and Spigot 1.8 .JAR files? Can you help me? If so reply here or email me as soon as you can. Thank you for your help
    -Undead

5. The_UndeadGaming

The_UndeadGaming New Member

Here's the log from the folder. Also, these are two of the messages that are in the folder that stood out to me?

"Resetting Spigot-API to Bukkit...
    error: Could not remove config section 'remote.upstream'
    HEAD is now at 85cd971 Implement greatly expanded ChunkGenerator API
    Applying patches to Spigot-API...
    Resolve operation not in progress, we are not resuming."

Don't mind the Head is now... message its just between the two messages.

Attached Files:

6. Bo Harmon

Bo Harmon New Member

When I follow the guide, only 1.9 gets installed, but I need 1.8. How can I get 1.8?

7. Daniel

Daniel Active Member
    Staff Member

Modify the BuildTools.sh file, and change "java -jar BuildTools.jar" to "java -jar BuildTools.jar --rev 1.8.8"

8. Bo Harmon

Bo Harmon New Member

Thanks for responding so quickly! (If I don't repost it means it worked :))

9. owen dawe-smith

owen dawe-smith New Member

Where do I place the folder when all of it is done

10. MJN

MJN New Member

Hey Owen, once you have the .jar file it simply goes in the "plugins" folder. It is large enough I use filezilla to ftp it to the server, it has a nice interface too.

Once that is done, you do need to restart the server to get it to generate the plugin folder with all the configuration files. Those can be edited directly in the new folder or you can go to your multicraft and under files review/change using the config files option.

I have spent some time trying to get things set up and working together. There is a lot of different things that come in to making stuff work, especially if you will have non-admin/op players. Security/permissions plugins will be mandatory to allow them to use some of the commands. I had things like addition of "/bed" and "/home" added that I had to add to the permissions so my non op players could use those without having all the commands.