Please read if considering this host

Discussion in 'Reviews & Testimonials' started by Shmoopy, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Shmoopy

Shmoopy New Member

If you're looking for cheap minecraft hosting, I suggest you take some time to read this.
    ---
    This site seemed alright at first, their service was fine. I started out with the most basic plan and it worked for me.

When purchasing, I accidentally selected a server in the US when I wanted one in the Netherlands, so I immediately cancelled it and purchased the correct one. The server was so cheap I didn't even notice it until a couple months later- they were charging me for both the active plan and the cancelled one (even though it was clearly listed as cancelled).
    I opened a ticket and they eventually issued refunds for the mistake charges.

The service was fine up until I decided to move to the Unlimited plan- they say in their fine print that they are actually limited resources but if your need is sufficient they will give you more upon request. As we were planning launch and pre-generating our minecraft worlds, we used up our storage pretty quickly and requested more to work with for our launch. We waited from the 18th of Oct to the 30th of Oct for a response, but the only one was them telling us they would contact the system administrator about it. At that point, we decided to change hosts and I cancelled my plan.

Since I cancelled it, they have charged me twice- once for Nov and once for Dec- for a plan that is not even active anymore.

Despite the server itself being fairly stable, I found this site's support very unreliable and do not recommend it to anyone, but if you do/did end up purchasing it, be careful about plan cancellation and keep an eye on how much they're charging you.

2. Xandread

Xandread New Member

Thank you very much for the info, I recently purchased there unlimited plan (like 2 days ago) and am testing it to see if i want it as a replacement for cubed host (does have excellent customer service, and the server runs great on 4gb of ram)
    I mainly have a private server and even though i don't think i really need more than 4gb or ram gong from $40 a month to $24 for 2gb more is pretty nice, of course ill see if its too good to be true.

If customer service is the only thing that is shoddy ill be alright since Im usually determined to fix most things by myself (except when there's something Im sure they need to do on their end)
    Although i find it hard to believe (since this company has been around since at least 2014 from what i saw in forum posts)-(Im sure i could find something on there business that would tell me exact dates) maybe there still more of a smaller business, you know almost like family owned, If that was the case id only wish for them to be more honest in there description of support, of course this is scary if you imagine a company that has your data and doesn't properly backup and maintain it, hopefully most of there attention is at least focused on that.

I actually had to contact support and I did a live chat, the person i spoke with through both had been the same, maybe a coincidence, or maybe a small or very small support team.
    Of course I did get a response to my ticket within a day.

well again I appreciate the warning, and i will continue to proceed with caution, smooth sailing so far.

3. Shmoopy

Shmoopy New Member

I sent in this ticket for the two improperly charged months on 17th Dec 2017 and as of now (28th Dec 2017) there has still been no reply other than them saying this-
    "I am waiting to hear back from our billing team regarding this. I'll let you know as soon as I have any additional information."
    I realize it is over Christmas but honestly this is just ridiculous for such a lack of communication over a simple issue

4. Shmoopy

Shmoopy New Member

Update: They finally got back to me today, and refunded the 24.95 USD. Must've been one hell of a staff holiday. (December 2017 to June 2018? Really guys?)