Terra World - Survival | Creative | Mini-Games | PvP | RPG

Discussion in 'Server Showcase' started by Crothius, May 24, 2014.

1. Crothius

Crothius New Member

[​IMG]

We are a family-friendly, build-oriented, adult-operated server designed to give players a safe haven in which to enjoy the game without all the chaos included in the big-name servers. Security is our first concern. We have several layers of security built in to protect not only the server, but all of our community as well. We are players ourselves, and having the game ruined by griefers, spammers, and trolls is something that nobody should have to endure.

After a year and a half of being online, we have finally reached a stage where we are excited to invite you, the player, to see what we have created.

Visit our Official Website to learn more of who we are and to discover all that Terra World has to offer. Come stop by today!

Server IP address:
    terra.mc-srv.com

Current Version: 1.7.5

Everything you'd expect and want on a server:

- Survival
    - Creative World
    -SkyBlock
    - Mini Games (Parkour, Mazes, Paintball, etc)
    - Mob Arenas
    - PVP Arenas (CTF, TDM, etc)
    - Dedicated Website with Server Map
    - Organized, Visually Appealing Spawn
    - Balanced Economy
    - Chest Shops / Auctions
    - Place your own protection
    - Grief Protection/Reversal
    - 'Big Biome' Survival Map
    - Biome Oriented Build Nodes
    - MCMMO
    - Several fairly priced Ranks from as low as $10.00US
    - Dedicated staff available 24/7 (Mobile Administration)

*All builds on Terra World are 100% original!*

No Money Required!

We pride ourselves on being a server that doesn't depend on donations in order to function. Too many servers focus so much time and energy on how much money they make and not about what kind of community they wish to grow. Terra World is owned and operated by adults who have income of their own. Even if donations are never made, the server will continue to operate and grow by funding of the staff. We're just here to enjoy the game, and are happy to enjoy it with fellow players!

All features on Terra can be enjoyed without spending a single dime. In the event that you wish to obtain a server rank, or any other of the shop items, you can earn said item simply by being a player on Terra! Voting, In-Game time, Mini-games(in development), and Forum upvotes are just a few of the options available for you to earn your way up the ranks!

Buy-A-Build

Introducing a unique feature: Purchasable schematics. Don't feel like spending all that time and effort mining for materials? Don't have time for putting together a house yourself? Would rather just take part in the PVP aspect of the server and want a place to store your loot? Need a base idea to expand from? The purchasable Schematic builds created by the makers of the server will give you the edge you need to get started quickly! We will have options ranging from basic farm homes to elaborate castles for you to choose from. Leave the build as is or upgrade it to make it your own, it's your choice!

From the Admins:

Terra World was founded by a couple of builders who wanted to have a secure place of their own to build with friends. I don't imagine we expected to come as far as we have when we first began. We went through so many tough spots over the first few months, I admit we came very close to calling it quits on a few occasions.

To put things into perspective, when we first began this project, we had no idea what the first step was to running a Minecraft server. We had served as staff in the past, but neither of us had ever attempted to run a server before. When we decided to begin a server on our own, it was honestly a foolish notion to believe that we had what it took to create a server from scratch and turn it into what it has become.

The first few months were disastrous. Trial and error was the mantra that we lived by, dedicating 8+ hours each day into learning the basics of server hosting, domains, plugns, enjin, and the dreaded permissions file.

Since then, we have continued to grow, both as players and server admins. Terra has become so much more than just a simple hobby to pass the time. It has become a conduit into which we have been able to focus our creative efforts, and watch them flourish. Terra World is the result of countless hours of learning, applying, and perfecting.

Terra World is not a Minecraft server in our eyes. It is a symbol. It is a symbol of what we are capable of when we put our heart and soul into something.
    It has really been an exciting experience creating this small corner of the Minecraft community. It may not be the best, most profitable, or most trafficked upon server out there, but it is a place that holds much pride in its accomplishments nonetheless.

It would an honor to be able to share what we have created with you.

Welcome to Terra World.

~Cro and Sno,
    Founders of Terra

Terra Builds
    (All builds are original!)

Creative World Spawn
    [​IMG]

Epic PvP Matches

[​IMG]

Sprawling Arenas
    [​IMG]

Massive Creations
    [​IMG]

Yeah. We like to build. :D
    [​IMG]

Mini-Games, Mob Arenas, and PvP Arenas!
    [​IMG]

Survival Build Nodes
    [​IMG]

Family-friendly, build-oriented, adult operated survival/creative/games server with a strong community and friendly players. Become a Terran today!

#1 Crothius, May 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
    crypticminecraft likes this.
  2. crypticminecraft

Tried to connect but shows offline :(

3. Crothius

Crothius New Member

Terra World is currently 1.7.2-1.7.5

Odd, as me and a couple others are online right now. o_O

Are you sure you put the ip in correctly?

#3 Crothius, May 24, 2014
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
  4. crypticminecraft

terra.mc-srv.com i used this/// Yea tried again,,, :(

Wait! what version is it?

5. Crothius

Crothius New Member

Curious. I can't say I can explain it. It works for me and the others that are online. Confirmed they are using the same IP. o_O

6. MassCraft

MassCraft New Member

Server's offline for me too.

7. Daniel

Daniel Active Member
    Staff Member

It appears to be a 1.7.5 server (displays as offline in 1.7.9 clients)

8. crypticminecraft

I found the issue. You are using version 1.72. I had to downgrade my game to it :)

9. Crothius

Crothius New Member

Yep that was my bad. Didn't mention it in the original posting. :p

10. crypticminecraft

Looks good though . GJ

Crothius likes this.
  11. Crothius

Crothius New Member

Thanks! It has been a lot of work to get where we are so far! :)

12. Crothius

Crothius New Member

I'm curious as to why I can't edit my original post in this thread anymore. Is there a time limit in which you can adjust it?

13. Daniel

Daniel Active Member
    Staff Member

The time limit is currently 60 minutes.

I've gone ahead and removed the limit for the "Server Showcase" forum, so you should be able to edit your post now.

14. Crothius

Crothius New Member

Awesome! Yeah, especially when things are changing down the road, would love to be able to come back here and update things. Thanks for that. :)

15. Crothius

Crothius New Member

Just a polite bump to note some changes. :)

16. his9

his9 New Member

I tried getting on the website, but it doesn't exist. Not sure if anyone is active any more, either...