What is Votifier?
"Votifier is a Bukkit plugin whose purpose is to get notified (aka votified) when a vote is made on a Minecraft server list for the server. Votifier creates a lightweight server that waits for connections by a Minecraft server list and uses a simple protocol to get information about that vote. Votifier is and always will be open-source."
Source: Votifier Bukkit page
Installing Votifier on your HostHorde server
1. Stop your server using the Multicraft control panel.
2. Download the latest version of Votifier from the Votifier Bukkit page.
3. Using FTP, upload Votifier.jar to the /plugins directory of your server.
4. Start your server so that Votifier will initalise and generate its config files.
5. It is very likely that another person is already running Votifier on the HostHorde server that your Minecraft server is running on, if this is the case you will see the following error in your server.log file and console:
2013-06-16 11:15:31 [SEVERE] [Votifier] Error initializing vote receiver. Please verify that the configured2013-06-16 11:15:31 [SEVERE] [Votifier] IP address and port are not already in use. This is a common problem
2013-06-16 11:15:31 [SEVERE] [Votifier] with hosting services and, if so, you should check with your hosting provider.
2013-06-16 11:15:31 [SEVERE] [Votifier] Votifier did not initialize properly!
If this is the case, you will need to change the port that Votifier uses. Even if nobody else is using the default port, you should change the port anyway to avoid potential conflicts.
Using your FTP client, navigate to /plugins/Votifier and download the file config.yml.
Using a text editor (such as Notepad), edit the file and change the port to a random number between 1024 and 25565. In this example, we picked 2475. Save the file and upload it back to your server making sure you overwrite the file on the server.
Next, ensure that the new port works by restarting your server and check your server.log file for errors. This time, Votifier should start without issue:
2013-06-16 11:24:33 [INFO] [Votifier] Enabling Votifier v1.9
2013-06-16 11:24:33 [INFO] [Votifier] Votifier enabled.
6. To add your server to voting websites, you will need to know the public key. Votifier will have automatically generated this for you when you first started your server with Votifier. You can find it in /plugins/Votifier/rsa. Download the file public.key, and open it with a text editor to see your key.
You can now add your server to voting websites using the Votifier IP/ Host which is the same as your server IP/ Host, the Votifier port which you set up earlier, and the Public Key which you just downloaded.
7. Following this guide, we were able to add a demo server to minecraftservers.org.