For this tutorial, we'll be managing DNS settings with GoDaddy.
We only recommend following this guide if you are established with GoDaddy; if you are just starting out, then we recommend using CloudFlare instead.
In the fields, fill out the settings as follows:
- Log in to your GoDaddy account
- Click Add New Record. The Add DNS Record window displays.
- From the Record type list, select SRV (Service).
Save your settings, and you're done! Please note that it can take several hours for the DNS information to propogate, meaning you may not be able to connect to your server using the new information immediately.
- Service: _minecraft
- Protocol: tcp
- Name: [subdomain]
- This is the subdomain you'll use for connecting to your server. For example, if your domain is example.com, and you wish to connect via play.example.com, you would enter just play in the field. If you wish to connect directly using example.com, you would enter @ in the field.
- Priority: 0
- Weight: 0
- Port: [port]
- Enter the port number of your HostHorde Server - if your full server address is s1.hosthorde.com:25565, you would enter just 25565
- Target: [address]
- Enter the address (without the port) of your HostHorde server - for example, just s1.hosthorde.com