A best plan than unlimited?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrCobayo, Jul 16, 2014.

1. MrCobayo

MrCobayo New Member

Hello! The unlimited plan of HostHorde is great, but if you have a server with more than 50 players online and more than 50 plugins with spigot (as in my case), is necesarry a best plan for evade lag.

HostHorde is planning make a best plan? For example "Unlimited MEGA", with a best processor or some?

I am ready for pay more for a best plan, and i think that more people think the same.

Thanks.

2. DtigerCSK

DtigerCSK Active Member

3. MrCobayo

MrCobayo New Member

Yes, i understand. With the other thread i learned and i change my server to spigot :D.

But now, i have a much more players in my server, and with the plugins, structures, etc, have a little lag. And if HostHorde launch a new service with more power, it would be super nice

4. DtigerCSK

DtigerCSK Active Member

They probably won't be making a new service with "more power" since game server providers aren't exactly made for larger servers.

5. Captain_Sisko

Captain_Sisko New Member

Game servers, no matter how good, simply can't handle too many players. The most logical solution is to buy multiple servers and hook them together with bungee.

6. MrCobayo

MrCobayo New Member

i search bungeeCord, and i don´t understand how works.

Only works if i have multiple words? because my server is in only 1 world.

7. MrCobayo

MrCobayo New Member

or is possible put plugins in one host, and the world in other?

8. DtigerCSK

DtigerCSK Active Member

BungeeCord is a proxy server, which requires you to have at least 2 minecraft servers as well as a separate plan for the Bungee proxy itself. It only works with multiple servers, as with a single server, there is no point in using it. Anything on the minecraft servers themselves are no different than a system without BungeeCord, such as running multiple worlds/plugins/etc.

9. MrCobayo

MrCobayo New Member

i understand that need 2 or more servers for use bungercords. But, i don´t understand the function. This plugin use 2 procesor of the 2 servers for use all of the power in one? or what?

10. DtigerCSK

DtigerCSK Active Member

It is a proxy server that redirects clients between 2+ minecraft servers so it works as a single server to the player. Doing this reduces the server load as the players can be spread out among several servers.

11. Captain_Sisko

Captain_Sisko New Member

What I'm saying is for example if your server is survival then you have 2 survival "worlds" hosted on seprate severs. One wold is new and the other is one you had originally. Then you have new players connect to the new world and old players go to the old world. After some time you can effectively split the players between 2 servers. This would require 2 ultimate plans and one basic plan for a proxy server. But you could do this with any number of servers, 2 is just a simple example.

12. MrCobayo

MrCobayo New Member

But the problem is that my server use only 1 world, and in this, i have Hogwarts, Diagon Alley, and the houses of players.

For my case, no is possible use BungeeCord?