IMPLEMENTED Add Users Option

Discussion in 'Ideas & Suggestions' started by joshcamas, May 25, 2014.

1. joshcamas

joshcamas New Member

Hello,
    One thing that would make life much easier would have the Users option (Control Panel > Advanced > Users) work - as in allow server owners create other users with different permissions. (FTP access, console, etc) This would be a very nice feature that would allow me to give my moderators a user account that doesn't give them so much power.

Thanks! And I'm liking the forums already!
    -Joshcamas :D

caw232000, bshayhoe, XylenTV and 3 others like this.
  2. EvlCreeperReaper

EvlCreeperReaper New Member

Good idea, but I'd only add users who I most certainly trust 100%.

3. Crothius

Crothius New Member

Indeed, this is a feature that I've been wanting on Hosthorde since the beginning. Having my two partners log in with my info is not the favored solution. I trust them, but would like to be able to limit the actions if they aren't very well versed in a certain area or, in the event that somebody else becomes trustworthy enough, ween them into limited functions over time.

4. 3lade

3lade Member

Great idea, hope this happens soon

5. The Cell

The Cell New Member

I agree this would help me a lot.

6. BosslyRaven

BosslyRaven New Member

I agree. My past hosts had this and it was really useful but now that I switched hosts I don't really want to give out my own username and password to even my most trusted staff. I would much rather them have there own account and for me be able to give them different permissions like if I want them to be able to use the console or access the FTP, etc. Hope this gets added soon! :)

7. joshcamas

joshcamas New Member

I believe it wouldn't be too hard - Multicraft has it implemented, and hosthorde could add a new type of account - one that doesn't own an account, but can "tag along". Or something.

8. Syano

Syano New Member

Hi Hosthorde,
    I think to add us this feature as an addition, will be a great choice. This would save us much time and hastle (as a server owners). Keep in mind sometimes when we are away, we need someone else that we can trust to be able to access our console/servers.

It can be done as even my previous host had this feature, and again was really helpful.
    It's just a little thing but means alot to us having servers with you guys.

Hope this can be added,
    Syano

BosslyRaven likes this.
  9. Hitmoncraft

Hitmoncraft New Member

+1
    Any feedback on this?

10. XylenTV

XylenTV New Member

The thing is absolutely nothing extra is required. Someone with access at HostHorde needs to a check a box in the Multicraft admin. That's it!

BosslyRaven likes this.
  11. Josh Murray

Josh Murray New Member

So, lemme get this straight. There are atleast 5-6 people wanting this, probably more.. And it hasn't happened yet :O

BosslyRaven likes this.
  12. BosslyRaven

BosslyRaven New Member

Yeah, that sounds about right. Lol

13. caw232000

caw232000 New Member

Please make it happen host horde! Most all of us want it, and it would give us some added security instead of having to give out our master password.

BosslyRaven likes this.
  14. Bryan

Bryan Member
    Staff Member

Don't share your Multicraft account with anyone >_>

Logan and DtigerCSK like this.
  15. BosslyRaven

BosslyRaven New Member

Well, if HostHorde gave us the option to add users, we would be able to limit how much of the control panel a user can access, but considering HostHorde has not added this yet we have all, if not most, have probably taken the risk of giving out our "master password" to someone thus opening many doors to some things that none of us want happening.

Really hope to see this implemented soon so we no longer have to give out our own log in information to another user.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Syano and captaingrambo like this.
  16. captaingrambo

captaingrambo New Member

I agree, we strongly need the implementation of the sub users for our control panels, it is as easy as enabling the multicraft option. At least add it to the unlimited plan. We are paying you money for this service. We just want what we are owed.

Or at LEAST have it as an addon we can purchase... Not like we aren't already giving you money...

BosslyRaven likes this.
  17. BosslyRaven

BosslyRaven New Member

Exactly.

#17 BosslyRaven, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  18. Logan

Logan New Member

I agree, You server control panel is everything and I would not even share it with your best friends. You never know what they could do they could turn on you at ANY second.

19. caw232000

caw232000 New Member

Wouldn't have to if I could have added users. Left you guys for another host because of not being able to add users.
    EDIT: And no, I did not share my password, just trying to make a point.

20. BosslyRaven

BosslyRaven New Member

I'm also considering switching hosts and I'm sure we're not the only ones. I wonder why they haven't added it yet. :/
    EDIT: I haven't shared my password with anyone either but have came pretty close to it cause of not being able to add users. Lol