IMPLEMENTED Add Users Option

Discussion in 'Ideas & Suggestions' started by joshcamas, May 25, 2014.

1. Logan

Logan New Member

If and when they make it so we can add users they should build ranks with them too. For example
    Owner: Can add Admins, mods & helpers and set custom permissions. And has full access to the control panel
    Administrator: Can only add helpers & has access to ONLY the config files.
    Moderator: Can view all config files but not edit them and can view the console.
    Helper: Can ONLY view the console and cannot type anything.

BosslyRaven likes this.
  2. LordHalo1157

LordHalo1157 New Member

Yes, this option would be really useful, i'm considering changing to a new host also due to not having a mutli-user console. This host is awesome, best I've had in awhile. But the major downfalls are, one user access for console and the lack of communication with the clients from the providers. Other hosts in the past would always keep clients updated on whats going on host side, contest and promotions. The only reason I've stuck here for a bit is the nice cheap prices. I follow HH twitter and like the Facebook page, and i see a post or tweet about 2 times a week if not one. Please consider bring this option to the clients.

3. BosslyRaven

BosslyRaven New Member

I agree this would be very helpful but I would still settle for the regular user options if or when they add them.

4. Lukerocks01

Lukerocks01 New Member

I strongly agree with this feature, one of the hosts that I've been with in the past that is one of your major competitors (McProHosting) had this feature for a small add-on fee to your monthly bill, Multicraft have implemented it at we all urge Hosthorde to flick the switch to allow this.

BosslyRaven likes this.
  5. Daway4Us

Daway4Us New Member

I really need this option because my admins and devs need console and im tired of sending them the files to dev and then uploading them i need this because i have been thinking to moving to mcprohosting because this option is a must have please add Hosthorde i dont want to leave this hosting i love it

BosslyRaven likes this.
  6. Hitmoncraft

Hitmoncraft New Member

Well we know that they're aware of this thread as my post critiquing their exceptionally poor customer service / recommending another host has been removed.

Yet no actual contribution on the topic?

7. Daniel

Daniel Active Member
    Staff Member

Unfortunately, posts advertising other hosts aren't permitted. If you'd like, I can remove the link to the other host and reinstate the post. We do try to keep an open discussion regarding our services.

--

In regards to this suggestion, we intended (and still intend) to create our own custom panel to replace the Multicraft panel, which will allow sub-accounts. Unfortunately, this has taken a bit longer than expected, and we don't have an ETA at the present time.

In regards to the reason why account creation was disabled in Multicraft, we were worried that allowing accounts that didn't actually own any services would cause issues with some of our internal scripts. However, we've now ensured that this won't be an issue, and have enabled account creation at http://mc.hosthorde.com/index.php?r=site/register

A sub-account can now be added to your server in Multicraft under the "Advanced -> Users" tab. On this page, simply enter the sub-accounts username, and set their role as an "Administrator". This will allow them to access and manage the server under their own account!

I do apologize for how long it took for this to be implemented, considering the demand. Be assured that we really are listening to all the feedback we get. :)

8. BosslyRaven

BosslyRaven New Member

Thank you for finally implementing this I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I'm extremely happy that this has finally been added! I'm also very happy to know that you guys are listening to us and taking note on our suggestions and adding some of them! I was really beginning to think you guys weren't listening to us and didn't care about what we had to say I'm sorry I doubted you guys lol.

Quick question: There is other roles other than Administrator that have different permissions for the control panel right? For example Administrator has access to the whole control panel including FTP, Being able to install plugins, Etc.. and another role (I forget what the name of the other role was) would have access to the chat section of the control panel only something like that.

Thanks again for adding this! :D

#28 BosslyRaven, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  9. DarioJames

DarioJames New Member

Giving different users different rights is a built in part of Multicraft. Why this is nerf'ed by this hosting company is not properly explained to us poor users. I will not share my account login info. But I have folk that have contributed not only as staff on server but towards paying for this hosted server. I think it is ludicrous that you are not allowing us the builtin benefits of Muticraft.

10. BosslyRaven

BosslyRaven New Member

User Options have been implemented since the creation of this thread.

Best of luck,
    BosslyRaven :D

#30 BosslyRaven, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  11. DarioJames

DarioJames New Member

You can set someone as an admin but you cannot grant them access to Multicraft. Or I am missing an obvious feature. Could be as I have done so before!! ;-)

But on Advanced >>> Users . I do not see how to add a user as I would expect.

#31 DarioJames, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  12. BosslyRaven

BosslyRaven New Member

Before being able to add users to your Control Panel you must have whatever staff you want to have access to it register for an account on HostHorde you can do so here. Once you've done that a sub-account can now be added to your server in Multicraft under the "Advanced -> Users" tab. On this page, simply enter the sub-accounts username, and set their role as an "Administrator". This will allow them to access and manage the server under their own account.

Best of luck,
    BosslyRaven :D

13. Hooptiecoupe

Hooptiecoupe New Member

I agree. I just now added my 2nd server for a temp. modded server i'm running for my community.
    But, I wanted to make it so that the other co-owner had access to JUST the BTEAM server so he could help configure files

this is perfect! he is able to access BTEAM. But not see or access the main server at all. :D
    The only thing I noticed is that the 'moderator' role dosnt apper to do anything?
    or, its not mentioned what it does.?.

I uses a test account to try it out and I noticed that the moderator account cant access console, or the server.
    They can only SEE the server.

I also noticed that the 'read only' dosnt seem to be any different from the 'full access' choice.

Could you clarify what this various pull down tabs allow and don't allow for added users?