Free Custom Subdomains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daniel, May 24, 2014.

1. Daniel

Daniel Active Member
    Staff Member

Hey everyone!

Did you know that we created a service which offers free custom server addresses to Minecraft server owners?

If you don't have your own domain, you're one step away from getting a better address for your server.

Link

* The service can also be accessed at mcalias.com, gamename.net and mc-srv.com

Features

No port numbers
    Our service uses SRV records, allowing you to connect to your custom subdomain in the Minecraft game client without entering a port number.

Completely free
    We won't try to charge you, and have no restrictions on the service usage.

No signup required
    All you need to do is pick a subdomain, and enter your email and server information. It's that easy.

Works for all addresses
    It doesn't matter what provider you presently use, what IP or hostname you have, or if you presently use a custom port number.

Multiple addresses to pick from
    We presently offer 3 great domains to pick from: mcalias.com, gamename.net and mc-srv.com

Other

Like this service? Have a suggestion or question? Let us know!

Thanks for your interest!

Crothius and EvlCreeperReaper like this.
  2. EvlCreeperReaper

EvlCreeperReaper New Member

It's true! This service really is awesome! Just wish we could purchase a dedicated domain (<server name>.com) for our servers, like an add-on, from you guys. GoDaddy and other places are too expensive and/or confusing. o_O

3. Bryan

Bryan Member
    Staff Member

Domains aren't all that expensive. A .com domain from a more reputable registrar like NameCheap is only $10.69/year, and that's not even the cheapest TLD.

4. EvlCreeperReaper

EvlCreeperReaper New Member

Yeah, well, I'd love to buy one from someone I trust--you guys!

Daniel likes this.
  5. crypticminecraft

there is GoDaddy and network solutions. They have very cheap Domains

6. Crothius

Crothius New Member

This service blew my mind when I found it. It was so ridiculously easy to set up!

I had been trying to figure out a way to make a shorter and easier IP for players to join, and finding this service through Hosthorde just saved me a huge headache. Not having to deal with paying for a new domain and changing all the settings and whatnot just makes this the easiest option.