JAVA 8

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GrimmLiberty, Jun 27, 2015.

1. GrimmLiberty

GrimmLiberty New Member

When?

I have been patiently waiting. I have asked in CS chat, got non-committal answer, as expected. So I am asking here.

When?

If not sooner, rather than next year, if ever, or non-committal again, I will just have to move to my own server and stop paying quarterly for unlimited.
    I NEED Java 8 for my 1.8 mods.

2. GrimmLiberty

GrimmLiberty New Member

A week and no response at all.
    I guess I will just have to go to a more expensive service provider with my money.
    Sad day.

3. SIL3NC3

SIL3NC3 New Member

Are you having problems with plugins or what?

4. GrimmLiberty

GrimmLiberty New Member

5. SIL3NC3

SIL3NC3 New Member

Whoops. I'm pretty sure the lack of Java 8 also messes up essentials protect too.

6. NathanTheDragon

NathanTheDragon New Member

I contacted them more than a week ago about this. The best response they gave is "There is no estimated date of when we will upgrade to java 8 at this time". Due to this, and my inability to work, I have temporarily switched to another host, until hosthorde can go ahead and upgrade to java 8. I'm in the same boat as you, I need to use java 8 due to my plugins/mods.

○ Nathan ○

GrimmLiberty likes this.
  7. Gibberish

Gibberish New Member

So I have basically wasted my money on a server that cant run the latest minecraft mods and modpacks.

I expect ONE thing from server hosts and thats to be capable of running current mods and modpacks. It seems odd to me, that Java 8 has been out for year+months (March 2014 when it first came out), and HostHorde is yet to commit on a date for updating to Java 8.. all the while Minecraft and the mod community is marching steadily ahead.

I now require Java 8 u51 or better for my modpacks to run.

8. NathanTheDragon

NathanTheDragon New Member

I agree. I see no reason why not to upgrade. It may take time, sure, but it is well needed at this point. If there is an issue, HostHorde should communicate with its customers instead of leaving us out with the response: It is not estimated when we will upgrade to Java 8 at this time. Those responses never help. Is there an issue with configuration on your end? Was your technician team hit by a meteor? Are the servers denying their masters? I mean just at least give us some detail onto why you won't upgrade at this time.

○ Nathan ○

9. Hitmoncraft

Hitmoncraft New Member

Well we can be certain that they're aware of this thread as they've for some reason removed my post.

And there's no reason why they should have as it isn't against their ToS.

Which shows that they've the time / compunction to monitor and maintain the forums but not actually provide answers.

10. Daniel

Daniel Active Member
    Staff Member

Posting/requesting links to other hosts isn't permitted.

Unfortunately, as stated before, we don't currently have an ETA.

11. Hitmoncraft

Hitmoncraft New Member

And that's fine, but why was my post in this thread deleted?
    I neither posted nor requested another host link.
    I merely alluded to the fact you only showed an interest in a customer's concerns when another option was presented to them that may have provided them an alternate host.

Which is not what was done here.

As for no ETA, that's an incredibly vague statement. It doesn't even affirm you plan to upgrade.

Do you have plans to implement it at all?
    Which factors affect its implementation?
    Can you give a brief of your long-term plans re Java as a host provider and future updates?

12. Daniel

Daniel Active Member
    Staff Member

Your post was removed for containing the following:

These forums are not intended for discussion of other hosting services.

13. Gibberish

Gibberish New Member

Guess I will be taking my business elsewhere when the subscription runs out, as it seems a bit unreasonable that a FREE update (JAVA IS FREE) has taken this long when other hosting providers started rolling out JAVA 8 back in January.

The fact that the new Minecraft.exe you can download from Mojang comes with its own custome Javaw.exe based on java 8 should be an indication that you need to update.

14. Hitmoncraft

Hitmoncraft New Member

Still lacking the ETA?
    Heading up close to two years now.

BosslyRaven likes this.