Just a few questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DerpleNerple2000, Jun 3, 2014.

1. DerpleNerple2000

DerpleNerple2000 New Member

So, i recently switched from hosthorde to ProMinecraftHost because the lack of support i was recieving as well as no way to profile my modded server. I also noticed slow website performance. Now, after looking at Hosthorde again, it seems to improved a lot. I may consider coming back but, i need a few questions answered first.

1. How is support now and how fast do they respond? It took almost up to 12 hours to get a responce whether it was high or low priority. Also, when running a modded server, i never got any help and rather got a simple 'Go check the FTB forums or contact the mod author.'

2. What CPU, RAM and SSDs do you use currently? I never had a performance issue with the server itself but, like i said before could never get support for my issues.

3. Has website/CP performance gotten a big buff recently?

2. DtigerCSK

DtigerCSK Active Member

1) For me I don't submit that many requests, but I did get ~20 minute replies for the most recent ones. Before it was 20 minutes to several hours, but no more than a day.
    2) According to the about page, they use Xeon E5-1650v2's in new servers. The speed/performance of RAM/SSD's aren't really disclosed I think.
    3) From what I've experienced since early 2013, I don't think I have ever had poor website or CP performance. Could be an issue on your end.

3. DerpleNerple2000

It cant be on my end for the CP because on ProMinecraftHost, it loads semi-instantly.

4. Daniel

Daniel Active Member
    Staff Member

5. DerpleNerple2000

So what about support? They sadly wouldn't help me and referred me to the FTB forums. My current host asks for the error and they tell me what went wrong.

6. Joseph

Joseph New Member
    Staff Member

We generally do not provide in-depth technical support for mods or plugins. If we're familiar with the issue you're experiencing, we can point you in the right direction.

7. Chris8130

Chris8130 New Member

I was having control panel issues, a while back. They fixed it, it's instant now :D.

8. 3lade

3lade Member

I've been on HostHorde for quite a while, and the support is amazing. Regarding FTB, you have to understand that HostHorde might not be as "large" as other server providers, and they also only have 3 registered staff members on the forums. If you need help with FTB, you can easily ask other users under the Community Support section. Comparing HostHorde's 20$/month Unlimited Plan (unlimited players / ram) and ProMinecraftHost's 43$/month plan (1-70 players), I think you've got the clear winner.

My suggestion: switch over to HostHorde. Things may not be perfect, but in most cases they are alot better than with other host providers.