Question about Forge Server and add Ports Number

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by TheMadCat, Jul 13, 2014.

1. TheMadCat

TheMadCat New Member

Does anyone know of auto-backup of world that does versions and also anti-grief mod for Minecraft 1.7.2 running fprge 10.12.2.1121? I can't fine anything that works.

I know multicraft has scheduled that make copy of world, but it just write over old one. Unless there arguments I can pass in, but I can't find any good documentation on it.

What are the rules for requesting add ports beside your minecraft port number? I'm using Dynmap which need other port number. I'm assuming it's not Wild Wild West of just pick port number. (Also someone already using default port number for Dynmap, better lock Dynmap down)

2. Bryan

Bryan Member
    Staff Member

There have never been any anti-grief plugins that work well for forge servers. There are just too many mods that have ways to bypass protection plugins - hence why public forge servers tend to have massive lists of banned items. If you're not running a server with lots of mods (ie just Pixemon), then one of the rollback plugins like CoreProtect 2 might work with Cauldron/MCPC+.

There are no rules for requesting ports as we don't have a way to allocate them to a single person other than the port used by the Minecraft server itself. You can use any port between 1024 and 25565, which 24.5k ports, so it's not like the server will ever run out. For plugins that have a default port, ie Dynmap with 8123, you are strongly recommended to change the port to avoid potential conflicts with other servers.

3. TheMadCat

TheMadCat New Member

Bryan, thank you for your input. I read up on Cauldron.
    The must forge mod I'm running right now is Hopper Ducts which I have over 1,000 plus ducts.

Side Question how to start with fresh copy of minecraft server?

#3 TheMadCat, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  4. Bryan

Bryan Member
    Staff Member

Servers come with the latest version of Vanilla. If you've installed Cauldron/ Bukkit/ or whatever, then you just switch back to a vanilla jar in Multicraft to switch back.

5. TheMadCat

TheMadCat New Member

Sorry, I didn't word my question correctly. I wanted to know how to reset the server back to fresh copy of minecraft. I was able to chat with tech support (sorry I don't reminder your name) that person said:

Love Cauldron so far, however ran into odd problem. Blazes and Wither Skeletons stop spawning in my Nether fortress mob trap.