Question about HostHorde

Discussion in 'Offtopic / Chat' started by Chris8130, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Chris8130

Chris8130 New Member

Who's the owner?, Is it one of the staff members reigstered?

Which parent company is hosthorde from?

2. 3lade

3lade Member

I'm not sure if there is an actual owner. They probably all take part in managing the company, but all have different responsibilities.

More information can be found on HostHorde's About page, and this is mentioned:

"With a parent company founded in 2009, HostHorde has committed itself to providing premium hosting services. Run by experienced professionals, HostHorde provides unparalleled performance along with unbeatable pricing and quality support.

3. Chris8130

Chris8130 New Member

._. I was asking who was the parent company, I've seen this already.

4. DtigerCSK

DtigerCSK Active Member

It might be Midnode.
    In invoices it says HostHorde (Midnode), as well as HostHorde being listed under their services. The website isn't fully developed though, not sure what Midnode actually will be.

5. Chris8130

Chris8130 New Member

Yeah I noticed the other day when I posted this, it says unlimted services...I wonder if they will like give unlimted gb ram of dedis, I'd be sure to buy one xD.

6. DtigerCSK

DtigerCSK Active Member

Most likely won't happen, probably "unlimited" ram isn't possible. If you're running a dedicated server your CPU will be the main bottleneck, ram won't be that big of a problem as long as you don't have a too low amount and you are crashing from it. Their "unlimited" services are also "limited" by their Acceptable Use Policy. Most server administrators won't exceed the default memory limit of 6 GB ram, so the unlimited part is more of a term to attract customers/marketing thing(?), not that it's a bad thing.

7. Chris8130

Chris8130 New Member

Yeah, notice I quoted unlimited, and 6gb ram dedi would be bad for whats on the market.