[Server] INFO Error: Could not find or load main class

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Tuggernut, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Tuggernut

Tuggernut New Member

I bought a server, uploaded the mods and config folder from the custom modpack I wanted it to run, replaced the default "world" folder with a customized world with the presets I like, but whenever I try to start the server, I get this string of errors;

07.07 02:16:30 [Multicraft] Server stopped
    07.07 02:16:30 [Multicraft] Server shut down
    07.07 02:16:01 [Server] INFO /run.sh: line 31: 3903 Killed /monitor.sh "$PID" "$USER"
    07.07 02:16:00 [Server] INFO Error: Could not find or load main class net.minecraft.client.Main
    07.07 02:16:00 [Server] INFO /usr/bin/java $START

I'm at a loss as to where the problem lies. Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. geraldwarp

geraldwarp New Member

While executing, when JVM does not find a .class file with the specified name then a run time error occurs saying “Could not found or load main class”. The reason why this happens is mostly due to:
    • Wrong Class Name
    • Invalid Classpath
    Main class could not be found when there is typo or wrong syntax in the fully qualified java class name or it does not exist in the provided classpath. You must ensure that you add the location of your .class file to your classpath. So, if its in the current folder, add . to your classpath. Note that the Windows classpath separator is a semi-colon ; . If you want to execute the main() method in MainClass, you must use the full class name, including package name, in the java command.