Server Otimizion

Discussion in 'Offtopic / Chat' started by Niko, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Niko

Niko New Member

[MySQL]

If you're using MySQL server to hold your files edit your my.cnf to the simplest form for the best performance.

Delete everything under mysqld and add

[mysqld]
    set-variable = max_connections=500
    log-slow-queries
    safe-show-database
    wait_timeout = 28800
    max_allowed_packet = 16777216

[TPS/FPS]

TPS and FPS lag is a bugger, changing the view-distance in server.properties to a lower number than 10 solves that.
    [RAM]

Low RAM becoming an issue? download ClearLagg, it removes all your entities after a period of time allowing more ram to free up.

Click here to download

[Best Server Location]

Choosing the best location for your server to decrease lag on all ends is a pain, I'll provide you with information about this.

West Coast = Asia + Australia and America
    Dallas = All Rounder
    East Coast = Europe and America
    North = America and Canada

Java Performace

f you are running the Minecraft server on a multi-processor or multi-core system, there are some things you can do with Java's garbage collector settings to help speed things up (perhaps significantly in some cases). For example, lag spikes that were occurring on my server disappeared after I made these adjustments. ricin in particular gave me a heads up about trying a different GC.

Without getting into technical details, you can use the following two flags that should increase your server's performance:

-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC

Applied to your entire command line, it may look like this:

java -server -Xmx1024M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui

ricin has also suggested using the following flags:

-XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:parallelGCThreads=2 -XX:+AggressiveOpts

Applied to your entire command line, it may look like this:

java -server -Xmx1024M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:parallelGCThreads=2 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui

The -server flag forces Java to use the "server JVM," which runs a bit more optimized than the regular client JVM. Your server may already run with the server flag -- it depends on your system's specifications.

Note that these flags will overall consume more CPU and memory, but your Minecraft server will run better on the other hand.

On another note, you should run the 64-bit version of Java if you are on a 64-bit machine. This should increase performance.

2. DtigerCSK

DtigerCSK Active Member

3. Niko

Niko New Member

I Know i Copy/Paste do help more people :D