Unlimited Plan Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edandre M, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Edandre M

Edandre M New Member

Hello as of this month I am now currently owning a server from you guys, I simply started off with the basic $10 server then upgraded once, I was happier with the next one but thought that I needed to upgrade once more to the last one
    Now that I have the unlimited plan, I have a bit of a problem trying to figure out if I have it, The Player numbers haven't changed and I can't tell how much ram I have, Mind if someone can tell me how I know I have it?

Also Can I upgrade more to get more ram, For a little bit more money? Because I want to ensure that I don't have such terrible lag and I only have five people currently and It's just staff, my release date of the server is new years and I fear 5 people lag wouldn't compare to 20 people lag or 50 people lag

Caleb Ryan likes this.
  2. DtigerCSK

DtigerCSK Active Member

The unlimited plan is default set to 6GB of ram. If you want more, your server needs to be "nearing or exceeding" the limit.
    https://www.hosthorde.com/terms/#usage

If your server isn't using all the ram you have set now, your server will not benefit from more ram as more ram != less lag.
    Typically you should be fine unless you are crashing from out of memory errors.

3. Edandre M

Edandre M New Member

Okay thanks for the info

4. Redstone_Pro_73

Redstone_Pro_73 New Member

I use the unlimited plan. At first, they give you 6GB of RAM. If you need more, they give you more, FOR FREE. And yes, you heard me! FOR FREE! That is how awesome hosthorde is!

5. Caleb Ryan

Caleb Ryan New Member

Sorry, when you upgrade there is a few different ways to change it. If you log into the Control Panel, right under the name it will say Players. Next to it you can enter a number and then hit Save. And it should update the number of Player Slots!

6. Edandre M

Edandre M New Member

How do you do that I can't seem to find it

7. Bryan

Bryan Member
    Staff Member

There is a issue with Multicraft where upgrading to the Unlimited plan from a lower plan doesn't give you the option to set the player count. I've manually set the option for your account - you can now change the player count in Multicraft.

8. Jackson H.

Jackson H. New Member

Could you please do that for me too? I cant change how many I have.

9. Bryan

Bryan Member
    Staff Member

Please open a support ticket and we'll do it right away.