1. Bryan

Bryan Member
    Staff Member

Bryan submitted a new resource:

Configuring plugins to use MySQL - How to configure a plugin to use MySQL

Read more about this resource...

2. mohawkguy360

mohawkguy360 New Member

I am trying to configure my plugins to use an external mySQL server, MediaTemple's as a matter of fact, but it will not work for me. I have added my server's IP to the MediaTemple list of whitelisted servers allowed to use the database, but it does not work. All plugins still give a "refused connection" error. I believe that this has something to do with me not adding the correct IP (my server's: s38.hosthorde.com), but I do not know. I have talked to MediaTemple, but they do not deal with Minecraft.

I HAVE tried this on a localhost server, adding my computer's IP to the MediaTemple IP list, and it worked successfully.

#2 mohawkguy360, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  3. Daniel

Daniel Active Member
    Staff Member

You can find the IP address for s38.hosthorde.com here: https://www.hosthorde.com/data/ip/

We also offer a local MySQL database. You can find the information for using this database under "Advanced > MySQL Database" within the Multicraft panel.

4. mohawkguy360

mohawkguy360 New Member

I have tried using the IP address for the server, but there is still a Communications Link Error that only occurs on the server.

Is there any way I can manage the mySQL database, such as create tables and such? Because, then I would not have much of a problem with using the local one.

The only issue would be that I cannot connect certain parts of my website to the local database, since it won't let me. Basically all I am trying to do is connect the Prism plugin to MySQL and host its database on my MediaTemple website so that the Prism GUI can access the Prism data in mySql

#4 mohawkguy360, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  5. Daniel

Daniel Active Member
    Staff Member

Yes, you can create tables, etc.

All the information you need for managing it is shown on the "MySQL Database" page within the panel.

You can connect to the database remotely by using "s38.hosthorde.com" as the host.

6. mohawkguy360

mohawkguy360 New Member

When I try to log into the MySQL (s38.hosthorde.com/phpmyadmin), it tells me
    [​IMG] #1045 Cannot log in to the MySQL server
    I am using the MySQL password generated and my numeric username...

My website also gives me issues when trying to connect to the Hosthorde MySQL database:
    Prism WebUI can't connect to the database. SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user '1757'@'n15.c07.mtsvc.net' (using password: YES)

I guess I have to use a third-party client?

#6 mohawkguy360, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  7. Daniel

Daniel Active Member
    Staff Member

8. Laveritas

Laveritas New Member

I'm currently trying to setup a plugin for my server, I followed all the instructions and setup the database but, the plugin seems to have internal errors and I have permissions and the database setup. Whenever I try to check on anything it sends me the phpMyAdmin and I don't have anything to sign in for this. What Username and Password do I use to even access my own database?

9. Daniel

Daniel Active Member
    Staff Member

You use the same username and password that you use for configuring your plugins.

As per this guide, you can find your MySQL database details in Multicraft by going to Advanced → MySQL Database.