IMPLEMENTED Java 8 Update

Discussion in 'Ideas & Suggestions' started by Trenly, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Trenly

Trenly New Member

I have encountered this, and I am sure that many other users have as well. The lack of Java 8 makes running a server very difficult, especially with many plugins being written for Java 8. Yes the staff have said that there is no ETA for Java 8, but it has been out for over a year now. Seeing as it is not difficult to update (sure there are a few bugs, but there always are) and that it would help you keep clients who require the latest version of java, I would recommend you update. It would be greatly appreciated by the community.

2. Hitmoncraft

Hitmoncraft New Member

lastberserker and BosslyRaven like this.
  3. ZackLaFlamme

ZackLaFlamme New Member

A lot of plugins nowadays require java 8 in order to function properly. We're being forced to use an older version of java in order to get the plugins to function properly. I tried to get my java version updated, I recommend in the future that you support java updates. :)

GypsySix and BosslyRaven like this.
  4. GypsySix

GypsySix New Member

I do not understand the hesitance concerning a java update by HostHorde. Minecraft 1.9 is now out and the plugin community is updating using Java 8. It is becoming increasingly difficult to find plugin devs willing to relegate code to lower java versions. Please update to the latest version of Java. It has been well overdue...

5. katsumag

katsumag New Member

I seriously want host horde to update to java 8 as all of my plugins require it to work. That is the only thing I can criticise host horde for. Other than this they are a good host.

6. GypsySix

GypsySix New Member

Can we have an ETA on the update for Java? The post says "Accepted". Does that mean you are going to complete the update?

7. GypsySix

GypsySix New Member

I am now going to open a ticket requesting an update to java 1.8. I have no less than 5 plugins in waiting that use java 1.8 features that will not currently run on the server. Hosthorde provides excellent service but this is a deal breaker. I have no idea if this host is just riding out an eventual close of the service or if this is intentional negligence but I intend to have the update applied or take my money elsewhere.

lastberserker likes this.
  8. katsumag

katsumag New Member

Yes I will to. I do not wish to but hosthorde you will force me to by not giving us the correct version of java.

9. Syano

Syano New Member

I also told them to update my server to Java 8 since i cannot update my ftb server, Host refused to update java and told me "Sorry, we do not offer Java 8."

Wow, that is so much help to server owners.

To Upgrade it only takes a couple of minutes, Here is a link to follow:- Click HERE!

#9 Syano, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  10. Sotlol1

Sotlol1 New Member

There is no point in asking them. I have opened several tickets one over a year ago asking for Java 8 and they just say that they will pass on the feedback to the team but nothing ever happens.

My tip to everyone is to ditch Hosthorde which in the end forces them to update as they will see that it ruins their business to not have Java 8. Right now everyone here wants it but how many has ditched Hosthorde in favor other hosts because of it? My guess is almost none..

11. Syano

Syano New Member

Over a year? wow really? if they will NOT Update by the end of this month I will start shutting down my servers (Have more then 1 servers with them).

Other hosts are way more updated then us, and yes Hosthorde are loosing customers as server's owners are loosing people from servers because of this.

Hope they can take it into consideration, soon.

12. kantomaster

kantomaster New Member

having the same problem. wish I had known this was an issue before I started my server, I will not continue using their services if they can't fix this by the end of the month.

13. kmecpp

kmecpp New Member

I currently run a modded 1.5.2 server and LexManos' LegacyJavaFixer only works for 1.6.4 so the Java 8 update makes it impossible for me to load any plugins correctly.

Iv'e been a loyal HostHorde customer for 3 years and have 3 servers, but I will be forced to find a host that allows their clients to choose what Java version they want to run unless HostHorde can add this functionality.

14. kantomaster

kantomaster New Member

Thank you for fixing the problem! :D you guys rock