If you'd like to create a custom subdomain name to connect to your Minecraft server, you can use our free subdomain service.
This service allows you to have a unique server address, while avoiding the need to enter a port number in Minecraft.
If you have your own domain name and you'd prefer to use that rather than our subdomain service, you must specify either a CNAME record or a SRV record.
If you use a SRV record, you'll be able to connect without the port number (e.g. demo.hosthorde.com)
If you use a CNAME record, you'll need to specify the port number when connecting to your server (e.g. demo.hosthorde.com:25565)
- Setting up a SRV record with CloudFlare
- Setting up a SRV record with Enjin
- Setting up a SRV record with GoDaddy
- Setting up a SRV record with DreamHost
- Setting up a SRV record with NameCheap
- Setting up a SRV record (generic / other registrars)